Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark support for TinyOS packet format

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:48:49 -0800
thanks for the response, I donot have a pcap file.

You are right tinyos ships with a pulgin for wireshark, So I guess  I will build a wireshark with the plugin and update the thread how everything goes.

Thankyou

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 1:34 PM, vijay <vijay.prasanth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Could some one tell me if wireshark can analyze packets from a TelosB mote
>> (802.15.4 traffic) that uses TinyOS.

Can you post a PCAP? Can you say what the protocols used are? Did you
try to use wireshark, and if you did, what happened?

Wireshark has 15.4 support, and I've heard rumours tinyos supports
6lowpan, but it probably supports other stuff, too, and since this
isn't a good place to find TinyOS experts, you might want to provide
more information.

Sam