Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] misleading description on Wireshark Download page

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 17:39:37 +0100

It seems as if the model of 'just hold off the new development release until That New Feature(sm) (the next best thing after sliced bread) is in' doesn't really work. Like you said we opted to wait for the multi-interface capture to be in, and even though Irene is working hard on it, it hasn't materialized in solid form just yet.

In practice the development release becomes stale as soon as the next branch comes out, and remain so until the next one is about to come along. So what to do? I say, remove the development pane with a new branch, and restore it once we have really something new to show, like a genuine RC. In the mean time, development builds (at the bleeding edge) remain available, so for the persistent ones there's always new stuff available.

Gerald, I know this makes your release TODO list yet another item longer, something you don't like. I am sorry about that, maybe I've got some suggestions about that later.

Thanks,
Jaap