Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.6.3 won't run without threads support

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 16:33:47 +0100
Hi.

I get an error when trying to start wireshark 1.6.3 (default built
without threads):
GLib-ERROR **: The thread system is not yet initialized.

This is because we call g_mutex_new() without a USE_THREADS guard in
main_welcome.c.
This was fixed in revision 38045 on trunk, but not back ported to 1.6.3.

According to the GLib documentation g_mutex_new() will abort if
g_thread_init() has not been called.
I have tried installing the binary from the buildbot but that version
does work, even without threads support.
Can this be because some thirdparty libs already have initialized
threads for us?
Or do I miss something?

--
Stig Bjørlykke