Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] misleading description on Wireshark Download page

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Gerald Combs <[email protected]> wrote:
Excellent question. We were holding off on making a development release
over the summer until the multi-interface capture support settled down.
Is there any reason to delay 1.7.0 at this point?

On 11/2/11 12:51 AM, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:
> So today somebody at my company wanted to check the latest Wireshark. Looking at http://www.wireshark.org/download.html he read the description literally which said that the 1.6.0rc2 is the latest development release. So he figured it might be newer than the fresh 1.6.3 release...
>
> I think we can remove that old release candidate, or alternatively put a daily/weekly tarball of trunk on that page.

 Hi,

Why not release a new dev release (based on trunk) to each new release of 1.6.x/1.4.x ?

Regards,