Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 build from 1.6.3 source tarball: svnversion.h missing

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:02:33 -0400
Guy Harris wrote:
On Nov 2, 2011, at 10:26 AM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Nov 2, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

Oh, shoot.  Looks like svnversion.h is removed by clean and/or dist-clean.
So it should be generated only if you're building from SVN, and should be included in source tarballs, and should be removed only by maintainer-clean.

I've checked in a change to do that, and will schedule it for the next 1.4.x and 1.6.x release, unless somebody can come up with a good reason to remove svnversion.h with clean or dist-clean.  Speak up soon....

Thanks. Only thing to note is that the "is_release=1" stuff which caused Lars' problem (r38933) was not backported to trunk-1.4 (only trunk-1.6) so your fix isn't (truly) necessary there.