Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Affix bluetooth stack

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:44:08 -0700
On Oct 31, 2011, at 6:52 AM, Andrei Emeltchenko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 10:03 AM, vijay <vijay.prasanth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but, Could some one
>> tell me if it is possible to install affix bluetooth stack in kubuntu?
>> Currently BLueZ bluetooth stack is installed and wireshark requires Affix
>
> Where did you read this?
>
> Bluez is enough.

It's on the

	http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Bluetooth

page on the Wireshark Wiki, because

	1) I had the impression that the Affix stack was the one that's part of the kernel now

and

	2) the Bluetooth support contributed by Paolo Abeni to libpcap relied on the standard kernel code.

2) is, as far as I know, true, but, at least in the 2.6.32.4 kernel, 1) is false, at least according to the comments, several of which refer to BlueZ.  Perhaps I'd gotten in backwards about the Bluetooth stacks.  I'll update the Wiki page.