Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Same protocol dissector in built-in and plugin form coexisting u

From: David Wei HX <david.hx.wei@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:51:11 +0800
Dear Wireshark community,

Is it possible to have two dissectors for the same protocol, one built-in and one as a plugin, with the plugin having a slightly different name that can dissect additional (perhaps proprietary) information?

For example, without modifying the built-in GTP dissector, can I add a GTP-Ericsson dissector as a plugin and disable the built-in GTP dissector by modifying the disabled_protos file?

I have attempted this but found that I must modify libwireshark.def and recompile in order for the plugin to find certain definitions.

Best regards,
David Wei