Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] support for Bluetooth protocol live capture

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:37:27 -0700
On Oct 27, 2011, at 7:50 PM, vijay wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if wireshark support live capture of bluetooth traffic.

On Linux, yes.

> Wireshark wiki says libpcap supports live capture of bluetooth packets , Wireshark can read pcap files containing bluetooth traffic.
> But wireshark cannot capture bluetooth traffic. I donot understand why it is so?

It's so because nobody'd bothered to update the CaptureSetup/Bluetooth page on the Wireshark wiki to indicate that Bluetooth capturing is now supported if Wireshark is using a sufficiently-recent version of libpcap and running on a system with a kernel with the Affix Bluetooth stack (which I think is the basis of the official Bluetooth stack that's now a standard part of the kernel). :-)

> wont the above 2 features be sufficient for live capture?

Yes, so I updated the page.