Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [libdissectors_la-packet-dtls.lo] Error 1 on Mac OSX Lion

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:27:56 -0600
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 09:07:04AM +0200, Flavio Pace wrote:

> When i try to compile Wireshark rev. 37286 ( but also the last ) on my
> Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2

> /opt/local/include/gcrypt.h:1393: warning: 'gcry_md_algo_t' is deprecated

I'm having this problem as well on FreeBSD as reported in my posting to
this mailing list a few months ago:

    http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201107/msg00162.html

The conclusion came from Werner Koch in response to my message to the
gcrypt-devel mailing list:

    http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gcrypt-devel/2011-July/001829.html

... they introduced the use of a GCC feature to deprecate the use of
certain functions and, according to Werner, there is a bug in my version
of gcc where it throws this warning even if you're not using that
function - just including the header file triggers it.  I never looked
into this further, but work around the issue by defining the environment
variable CFLAGS to be "-D_GCRYPT_IN_LIBGCRYPT=1" before running my
configure script for Wireshark.