Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] how to retrieve a guint32

From: Teto <mattator@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:49:42 +0200
  Hi,
I know it's a silly question but can't test it (refactoring of my
plugin). I want to retrieve a 32 bits number but if I use
tvb_get_bits32, I need to pass useless parameters (in my case) since I
want to retrieve all 32 bits.
guint32 tvb_get_bits32 	(	tvbuff_t * 	tvb,
		gint 	bit_offset,
		const gint 	no_of_bits,
		const gboolean 	little_endian
	);
I guess you can use tvb_get_bits32 to retrieve 8 bits into a guint32
for example . Is that true ?

tvb_get_letoh24 / tvb_get_letohl look more straightforward but I don't
understand how they transform the number.
letoh stands for "local to host" ? why the "24" ? I guess the last "l"
in  tvb_get_letohl is for little endian ?

Regards
Matt