Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Reply ASAP: Compilation error

From: Krishnamurthy Mayya <krishnamurthymayya@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 15:37:36 -0400
Thanks Richard :)

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Richard van der Hoff <richard@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Krishnamurthy,

I take it you sorted out your problem with configure? Could you let us know what the solution was, so others can find the solution in the future?

On 23/10/11 08:31, Krishnamurthy Mayya wrote:
Hi all,
  We are using *wireshark-1.7.0-SVN-39467 * for some development

purposes. When we are trying to add a new module and compile, the
following errors are coming:

*packet-mpls.c: In function ‘dissect_pw_ach’:*
*packet-mpls.c:389: error: implicit declaration of function ‘printf’*
*packet-mpls.c:389: error: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function ‘printf’*
*packet-mpls.c: In function ‘dissect_pw_ach_mplstp’:*
*packet-mpls.c:1069: error: implicit declaration of function
‘dissect_bfd_control’*
*packet-mpls.c:1096: error: implicit declaration of function
‘dissect_mpls_echo’*
*

*
Any idea about what might have gone wrong?? The most confusing fact is
another line that appears above these error codes*: cc1: warnings being
treated as errors*
*

*
So we dont know whether these are really errors or warnings treated as
errors. If errors, all kinds of suggestions are welcome.

The wireshark build process does indeed treat compilation warnings as errors. So it's unimportant whether the errors you are seeing are real errors or warnings being treated as errors. You need to fix the issue - which looks to be that you've forgotten to include the header files declaring some functions.

Richard