Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Replace TRUE/FALSE with proper ENC_* in proto_tree_add_item(

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:46:33 -0700
On Oct 19, 2011, at 4:28 PM, Bill Meier wrote:

> No fixes required:
>   FT_RELATIVE_TIME
>   FT_FRAMENUM
>   FT_PCRE

...because they're currently not supported by proto_tree_add_item().  FT_FRAMENUM never will be, and FT_PCRE is, I think, a type used only in filter expressions (a field cannot have that type), but, at some point, we'll probably support FT_RELATIVE_TIME in a fashion similar to FT_ABSOLUTE_TIME, at which point it'll require a byte order.  There are no *current* calls that need to be fixed.

> TBD/ToDo:
>   FT_ETHER    Not yet fixed: Should always be ENC_NA ???

Yes.  A MAC-48 address is just a sequence of 6 octets, so no byte order.

>   FT_PROTOCOL Not yet fixed: Should be ???

ENC_NA.  It's like FT_NONE.