Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] include "tvbuff.h" failed

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:33:56 -0600
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 02:02:48PM +0200, Marcel Haas wrote:

> > i want to include the tvbuff.h to my code so i can make own tvbs
> > with tvbuff_t* my code lies at wireshark/epan so as tvbuff.h.

> > except.h:97: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’
> > before ‘void’

>  Problem solved !

I'm not sure how you solved this, but for the mailing list archives:
these errors usually happen because necessary include files were not
included before this one.  Wireshark header files don't typically
include every header file they require, relying on (in this case) the
dissector writer to include them first.