Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Script to Update dissector proto_tree_add_item() & related fcns

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:20:38 -0400
As you may have noticed:   :)

I'm in the midst of updating the Wireshark dissector sources step by step to use ENC_NA|ENC_LITTLE_ENDIAN|ENC_BIG_ENDIAN for the "encoding parameter" of function calls such as proto_tree_add_item() as appropriate.

I'm using a Perl script to make those changes which can be done in an automated fashion.

(I'm currently learning and adjusting the script as I go).

(To complete the work there will undoubtedly be additional manual editing of dissectors required).

Once I've gotten to a reasonable stopping point I'll provide a script which can be used by others (e.g., to convert private dissectors).

Bill