Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Couldn't load module / undefined symbol:

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 09:10:38 -0400
Marcel Haas wrote:
Hey,
I have a new problem.
Some of u still remember that im writing my own function and include it to wireshark/epan file folder.
i built it in with autogen configure and make.
Now i want to include my functions to my dissector plugin.
#include <epan/list_mh.h> and inculde my function "NeuesListenElement"
Built my plugin new too. No Errors but if i start wireshark now i get an error :

Couldn't load module /home/marcel/Downloads/wireshark-1.6.1/plugins/nos/.libs/nos.so: /home/marcel/Downloads/wireshark-1.6.1/plugins/nos/.libs/nos.so: undefined symbol: NeuesListenElement

Why it doesnt know my function ?

If you put new functions in libwireshark you must add their names to epan/libwireshark.def so that the symbols get exported. (Previously this file was used only on Windows, but it is now also used to control *NIX symbol exports.)