Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] svn:eol:LF for *.sh

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:33:54 -0400
On 9/27/2011 4:27 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Sep 27, 2011, at 12:42 PM, David Aggeler wrote:

Maybe I am I the only one, but today it was once too many, where I had to 'convert different .sh files (e.g. win32-setup.h) to use UNIX style end of line instead of Windows.

Paging Bill Meier:

	http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201001/msg00141.html

Gerald suggests setting LF as the line ending; Bill suggests hacks that involve setting "-o igncr".

I'm puzzled:

Invoking win32-setup.sh via the use of makefile.nmake should just work (and, AFAIK, has done so since Jan 2010).

(The shell command used to invoke bash to run win32-setup.sh in the makefile automatically starts bash with "-oigncr").

However, this doesn't happen if you try to run win32-setup.sh directly from a bash command line.

Are you invoking win32-setup.sh other than by using the makefile.nmake with nmake ?

You indicate that you had to change other .sh files. Which ?

How are you invoking them ?

Bill