Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 39149: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:33:26 +0200
Anders Broman skrev 2011-09-26 18:25:
Stig Bj�rlykke skrev 2011-09-26 18:14:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 4:51 PM,<etxrab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Log:
  Get rid of check_col, while at it set ENC.

Directory: /trunk/epan/dissectors/
  Changes    Path                      Action
  +35 -37    packet-dmp.c              Modified
The remaining check_col in packet-dmp.c was left on purpose, because
we do not need this calculations if not having COL_INFO.

Should we really remove all occurrences of check_col?

Perhaps not, but how often isn't the info column present?
Thinking about it this raises the question
- is check_col deprecated or not?
Should lengthy code to compute column info be protected in some other manner? fd->visited? (!tree)? We only fill in the column info on the first pass before the tree is built, right?
Regards
Anders