Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can't compile latest trunk

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:57:57 -0400
On 9/15/2011 9:06 AM, Yosi Saggi wrote:
I have updated via SVN my wireshark code files, When trying to verify
the tools with:

nmake -f Makefile.nmake verify_tools

I get the following:

C:\wireshark_1_6>nmake -f Makefile.nmake verify_tools

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729.01

ERROR: The contents of C:\wireshark-win32-libs\current_tag.txt is
2010-08-25.

It should be 2011-06-27.

Checking for required applications:

         cl: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0/VC/BIN/cl

         link: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0/VC/BIN/link

         nmake: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0/VC/BIN/nmake

         bash: /usr/bin/bash

         env: /usr/bin/env

         grep: /usr/bin/grep

         /usr/bin/find: /usr/bin/find

         perl: /usr/bin/perl

         C:\Python26\python.exe: /cygdrive/c/Python26/python.exe

         sed: /usr/bin/sed

Can't find:  bison flex unzip wget

First the obvious question:    :)

You've verified that bison,flex,unzip & wget are installed in cygwin ??

(Since things like perl & sed are being found in /usr/bin the PATH is presumably OK so I don't know why bison & etc wouldn't be found if they are in/usr/bin).