Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] HTTP library reccommendations

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:34:53 -0700
On Sep 7, 2011, at 9:30 AM, Trimble, Nathan G wrote:

> I have a need to perform a couple HTTP operations from code in our Wireshark plugin.  I am wondering if Wireshark already depends on any libraries that support HTTP.

It does not.  There are some UI items that will hand a URL to the desktop environment's "open a URL" operation, but that relies on the user's chosen browser to do all the work and open a window to display the URL; it does not do any of the work of fetching or displaying the page itself (and it shouldn't - it should have the user's browser do it).

> If there are not any existing dependencies that would support an HTTP GET and PUT, do you have any recommendations?

No, I don't.