Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] HTTP library reccommendations

From: "Trimble, Nathan G" <nathan.trimble@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:30:38 -0700
Hello, I'm new to this list.  I am working on an "in-house" version of Wireshark.  We are trying to keep our changes self-contained and portable to ease the process of syncing with Wireshark updates.  For this reason I have come to the list with a question.

I have a need to perform a couple HTTP operations from code in our Wireshark plugin.  I am wondering if Wireshark already depends on any libraries that support HTTP.  I have not seen libcurl referenced anywhere in the code or docs, but I am still quite new to the codebase.  If there are not any existing dependencies that would support an HTTP GET and PUT, do you have any recommendations?  It would need to be supported under at least Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

Thanks

-Nate Trimble