Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is there any need for wtap_get_bytes_dumped() or wtap_set_by

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 10:01:55 -0600
On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 07:23:50PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:

> Is there any use for those routines, or the bytes-dumped count they
> fetch and set?

Apparently not.  In the one wiretap module I wrote that can write
packets out, Commview (PacketLogger can only read), I didn't even
realize there were functions to modify those variables, so I set them
manually assuming that Wiretap needed that count for something.  The erf
and lanalyzer seem to be the only ones that even read that value for
anything.