Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RFC: Add fallback path to get_datafile_dir

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:58:53 +0200
Very little time right now, so only an answer that is easy for me to give:

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 07:44:05PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
> So CMake handles shared libraries on multiple platforms its own way, without the aid of libtool?  "Multiple platforms" here includes:
>
> 	systems with GCC-compatible compilers and the GNU linker (Linux distributions, the *BSDs);
>
> 	systems with GCC-compatible compilers and other linkers (e.g., Mac OS X);
>
> 	systems with other compilers and other linkers (e.g., commercial UN*Xes when compiled with the vendor's compiler).
>
> Does CMake handle all of those?

Cmake links the the stuff to run from builddir. On make install, it relinks
stuff to run "normally".

So all that environmentsetting that was previously required with autofoo
didn't happen and it still worked. Sort of. It didn't work for stuff that
could only be found in the source directory. Either that stuff is already
installed in the final path or it isn't found at all.

ciao
  Joerg