Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] text2pcap regression starting from revision 38679

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:43:22 +0200
Hi,

2011/8/26 Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@...> writes:

> Hi all,since the commit for bug 1723 (done in revision 38679), I'm facing
issues with text2pcap for really small packet dumps.

> I guess this is unexpected behavior and should be considered as a bug. Do you
agree ?

I do and have reopened bug 1723 as a result.  Hopefully, the author of the
text2pcap patch submitted in that bug report is able to fix it.

In the meantime I submitted a patch in bug 1723 activating the ASCII text dump identification if a new -a option is given to the command line (as the new code always assume that the ASCII text dump is present).
It would be nice if one of you could have a look (as text2pcap current behavior is considered as buggy).

Best regards,
Pascal.