Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem compiling Wireshark 1.6.1

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 06:05:12 +0200
Am 23.08.2011 22:55, schrieb Chris Maynard:
Andreas<AndreasSander1@...>  writes:

Am 23.08.2011 22:30, schrieb Chris Maynard:
Andreas<AndreasSander1@...>   writes:

Yes, I tried. I need only libwireshark. That's why I reduced the make
targets to build. But, alas, I get exactly the same result, when I
"nmake all".

Can you verify that MSVC_VARIANT is set correctly in config.nmake?

MSVC_VARIANT=MSVC2008   matches with my compiler.

Just to be sure, you might try another:
nmake distclean
nmake all
[fail]
nmake all (again)

If you still don't progress any further and can live w/out zlib support
temporarily just so you can get on with the rest of your work, you could try
commenting out ZLIB_DIR in config.nmake.  Also, you may want to recheck that you
followed all steps in the developer's guide:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html

I don't compile my code but Wireshark. I'd be surprised that this will work. But I'll give it a try.

One other thing that *might* be a problem (whether it's related or not, I don't
know) is that you have python 2.7 installed and the notes in config.nmake
indicate the following:

         # NOTE: The Python library must have been compiled with the same
         # compiler (MSVC_VARIANT) as Wireshark. Known python.org Python
         # CRT versions:
         #
         # Python version    CRT (32-bit)    CRT (64-bit)
         # 2.4.4             7.1             ?
         # 2.6.1             9.0             ?
         # 2.6.2                             9.0

... so this tells me you should probably be using 2.6.1 or 2.6.2.

Bummer! I followed this instruction, what tells something else:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html#ChSetupPython

I will check if the installed program Python probably somehow breaks the execution of the Windows SDK tool mt.exe. But I don't think so, since the compilation succeeded before.

--
Andy