Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Complete the switch to UIManager driven menubar?

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:03:18 +0200
Stephen Fisher skrev 2011-08-23 19:58:
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:19:26AM +0200, Anders Broman wrote:

I think all menus work now with MAIN_MENU_USE_UIMANAGER, LUA? When
should we start to rip out the "old" code?
If you feel that it's ready to go, I would say change the default to
build with ui manager unless the user specifies otherwise and give it
some more time to work out any bugs (over a few months?)
It's already the default, I see your point in letting it ripen a bit but I fear that it may become messy
if we start adding improvements to the UIManager code.
Some ideas which I wouldn't mind getting help on :-)
- Read GUI description from file.
- Move all Conversation Endpoint, and Service response lists into a single file per list including
 code for the sub menus.
- New callback functionality to build sub menus/menu items under "place holders" in the UIdescription similar to the recent files list which perhaps could be replaced by GTKs "recent files".

The LUA menu, perhaps we should have lua_gui.c to handle the LUA menus? I'm not quite sure how the old stuff worked...

Regards
Anders