Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38673: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: io_s

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:03:42 +0200
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:22 PM,  <etxrab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Log:
>  From Akos Lukovics:
>  Calculate moving averages in IO Graphs.

I don't really like the placement of the filter combobox in the GUI.
We don't have the standard 6 pixel border in the IO Graph because we
want the window to be as small as possible, and the filter expands the
window size.  And we get a large unused area below the Graph controls
which does not look nice.

We only have one filter, called "M.avg", which does not tell me
anything what it does.  We need some clarification in the GUI, and
this feature needs to be documented in the user guide.

It seems like a bug in the calculation of the leftmost values.  Try
having a large capture (or set a small tick interval) to get a
scrollbar.  When scrolling the graph the graph changes, which makes it
non reliable.  The filtered data has to be calculated for the whole
data set, not only the displayed ones.

--
Stig Bjørlykke