Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38606: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: pref

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:46:28 -0600
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:30:40PM +0200, Joerg Mayer wrote:

> I'd rather disable building with AIRPCAP. If this code is unmaintained
> then this would be more appropriate.

That code (should be) maintained like the rest of our regular GTK code,
except that it just happens to only be built on Windows since the
AirPcap hardware only comes with Windows drivers.  So our recent change
to build all of Wireshark with GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED worked on Unix,
but not on Windows.  It is unusual for our GTK code to not be compiled
on all platforms, which is why building with GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
seemed ok to do.  It makes it hard to troubleshoot AirPcap build
problems without a Windows box; can we compile AirPcap code on all
platforms and just disable the option to enable the AirPcap toolbar if
AirPcap support isn't present?