Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Provosion to filter the packets based on the value of specific p

From: Mrunal Upadhyay <m.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:23:15 -0500
Dear All,

I have created a custom dissector that helps in dissecting the packets belonging to that protocol. Now I have 2,3 protocols defined in the same plugin file. Is it possible to filter the packets based on a specific protocol value By right clicking on the protocol and applying it as filter. Currently it is not supported in the Wireshark implementation for the Protocol column. It will be great if anyone has any ideas of the changes that I need to make to enable the filtering based on the protocol value for the Protocol column.

Thank You,