Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] why wireshark plugin does not work here - dissector_add_uint

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:52:10 -0700

On Aug 18, 2011, at 12:38 PM, John x wrote:

> I tried both dissector_add_port() and dissector_add_uint(), but neither works.
>
> I am working on version 1.4.4

OK, which one are you working on - SVN from the trunk, or 1.4.4?

If you're working *only* on 1.4.4, use dissector_add_port().

If you're working *only* on SVN from the trunk, use dissector_add_uint().

If you're working on both:

	build your plugin for 1.4.4 in the source tree from 1.4.4 and use dissector_add_port() in that version of the plugin;

	build your plugin for SVN from the trunk in the source tree from SVN and use dissector_add_uint() in that version of the plugin;

	do *NOT* try to build plugins for 1.4.4 in the source tree from SVN;

	do *NOT* try to build plugins for the SVN version in the 1.4.4 source tree;

	do *NOT* try to use the same source code for both versions of the plugin.