Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] localtime_r() in gtk/timeshift_dlg.c
From: Gerald Combs <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:17:37 -0700
On 8/16/11 11:05 AM, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> PS. Notice that my 1st email came from <[email protected]> and took
> approx. 6 hours to get on this list. Waiting for what?

Waiting for the list moderator to crawl out of bed and approve your
message while quietly muttering "time to make the donuts"[1] to himself.

> My normal address (the one
> I subscribed from and the one I reply from now) is <[email protected]>.
> So it seems Mailman doesn't care so much about the address, but rather
> my name.
> Anyone can subscribe and claim to be me. Doesn't sound correct.

Anyone can send email to the list from [email protected] and bypass
the moderation queue altogether. This happens from time to time with
malware and spam.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_the_Baker