Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38546: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: foll

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:21:43 -0600
This call:

   gtk_quit_add_destroy(gtk_main_level(), GTK_OBJECT(streamwindow));

Appears to tell GTK to destroy the object "streamwindow" if Wireshark is
being closed entirely.  This then calls the signal that was connected a
few lines earlier:

  g_signal_connect(streamwindow, "destroy", G_CALLBACK(follow_destroy_cb), NULL);

Which calls the function "follow_destroy_cb" when the object
"streamwindow" is destroyed.  That "follow_destroy_cb" deletes the
temporary file used by the Follow TCP Stream feature (the Follow TCP
feeds the data into a temp file whereas Follow UDP and Follow SSL both
feed it via a tap).

So I think something needs to be substitued if they've gotten rid rid of
gtk_quit_add_destroy() in GTK 3..