Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38477: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: tcp_

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 02:31:27 +0200
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 09:00:04AM +0000, etxrab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=38477
>
>  Use Cairo in more places.
>  The #if 0 code in draw_element_arc() currently crashes
>  and the arc coordinates should be fixed to work with Cairo, any help apreciated :-)

Well, maybe the following may count as "any help" :-)
1) gdk_draw_arc is about drawing (segments of) elipse, while the "replacement"
   cairo_arc is about (segments of) circles and applying some translation to
   it. For an example see:
   http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/3.0/sec-cairo-drawing-arcs.html.en
   and http://www.cairographics.org/manual/cairo-Transformations.html
2) All use cases in this file are from 0 to 360 degrees, so this paints a full
   elipse (and from now on circles).
So maybe the "easy" way out would be to rename ELMT_ARC to ELMT_ELIP and
draw a scaled filled circle and be done with it.

Ciao
   Joerg