Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] What is Wireshark 1.6.0 ?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:42:18 -0700
On 8/11/11 12:24 AM, news.gmane.com wrote:
> Why don't I get the same files, when I checkout the SVN repository?
>
> svn export http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/releases/wireshark-1.6.0
> wireshark
>
> compared to
>
> http://www.wireshark.org/download/src/wireshark-1.6.0.tar.bz2

If you take a fresh SVN checkout (*not* an export) of
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/releases/wireshark-1.6.0 and run
the following:

  perl make-version.pl --package-version
  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure
  make
  make dist

You should get your own copy of wireshark-1.6.0.tar.bz2 which is ready
to build on Windows, OS X, Linux, and UNIX. If your version of the GNU
build chain is close enough to the one running on the Buildbot builder
it will *probably* even be identical to the one available for download.