Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] HAVE_PCAP symbols by build type

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 14:48:13 -0700
On Aug 6, 2011, at 2:41 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

>> dumpcap.c:
>> /home/jmayer/work/wireshark/svn/trunk/dumpcap.c: In function ‘get_if_capabilities’:
>> /home/jmayer/work/wireshark/svn/trunk/dumpcap.c:1015:9: error: unused variable ‘status’
>> /home/jmayer/work/wireshark/svn/trunk/dumpcap.c:1005:51: error: unused parameter ‘monitor_mode’

That's probably because get_if_capabilities(), with versions of libpcap that

	1) have pcap_create();

	2) don't have the not-yet-extant support for opening remote devices with pcap_create() etc.;

	3) do have support for opening remote devices with pcap_open();

needs to do the same (ugly) stuff that open_capture_device() does, i.e. use pcap_create() etc. on local devices and pcap_open() on remote devices.  Perhaps some of that can be pulled into a common routine; I'll look at that.