Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38350: /trunk/ /trunk/gtk/: capture_

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 11:20:30 +0200
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:19 AM,  <tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Log:
>  Add support for multiple interfaces to the capture options dialog.

Really nice!

Some initial comments after short time testing:

* The "Edit Interfaces Settings" should default to the OK button when
pressing enter in "Capture filter" and any other widget.
* Enlarging the "Capture Options" window should only enlarge the
interfaces table and not put space anywhere else.
* Multiple IP addresses should be separated with comma in the "Edit
Interfaces Settings" window, I think.
* Should we use only one line in headings used in the interface list?
This to save space for more interfaces in the list.
* The "Wireless Settings" button is not always enabled for my AirPcap
device, and is sometimes enabled for my Ethernet device.
* Maybe we should have a "Remove Remote Interfaces" button?
* We no longer have a list of previous used remote servers (with settings)

And something not related to this:
* My AirPcap device lists "unknown" as IP address.  Should this simply
be removed?  Do we know if devices don't have an IP address?

--
Stig Bjørlykke