Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] stable release 1.6.1 is core dumped on Fedora 13, 15

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:32:48 -0700
On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:25 PM, Roland Knall wrote:

> An exception in packet.c can be nearly anything. The backtrace is what
> I am looking for,

Yes, as I said.  My point is that sending us the core dump won't necessarily make it possible for us to get a backtrace; getting the backtrace on the machine where the crash was occurring, and just sending us the backtrace, would work far better (and result in a much smaller mail message - the backtrace is a lot fewer bytes than the core dump).