Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Freeing memory when quitting Wireshark

From: Alex Lindberg <alindber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:01:55 -0700 (PDT)
It turns out there where several issues.  All dealing with preferences.

1 - UAT_END_FIELD not included in the uat_field_t structure. (Did not break Linux, but windows was not so kind.)
2 - In my call to prefs_register_protocol( my_proto, callback_fn) if callback_fn was NULL, wireshark/tshark would close correctly.  If not NULL then  wireshark  and tshark would remain in memory when closed. Again windows only.  Linux was OK.

I have not determined why when the callback function was included, the system failed to close.  The callback only updated some memory tables with the new info from the uat_new structure.

Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks as always.
Alex Lindberg