Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Structure sizes change between Linux and Windowshelp

From: "news.gmane.com" <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:27:05 +0200
Even if you shouldn't use structs as you can read in README.developer MSVC
provides the tools:

#ifndef GNUC
#pragma pack(push)
#pragma pack(1)
#endif

struct foo {
  char x;
  int y;
}
#ifdef GNUC
__attribute__((packed))
#endif
;

struct bar {
  char a;
  long b;
}
#ifdef GNUC
__attribute__((packed))
#endif
;

#ifndef GNUC
#pragma pack(pop)
#endif

It looks as it is: ugly.
Please note that the #ifdef GNU probably needs to be changed, I don't know
the correct symbol to check for.

"Alex Lindberg" <alindber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
I am creating a dissector that overlays a complicated struct (bit fields,
unions, etc) on the the tvb.  My Linux version works as designed, however
when I move it to Windows (win32) the size of the struct changes and thus,
won't overlay the tvb properly.

I am not an expert with Windows, but is there a compiler flag that will
cause CC and/or LINK to work the same as GCC?

Thanks for your help.

Alex Lindberg