Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] mix of c and C++

From: Helge Kruse <Helge.Kruse-nospam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:26:47 +0200
Am 27.07.2011 18:35, schrieb Stephen Fisher:
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 08:23:51AM +0200, Helge Kruse wrote:

@all: What is the sense behind the HAVE_CONFIG_H if I need it anyway?

config.h is only used on Unix, so only Unix builds need to include it.

This is not true. The file config.h defines the macro WS_VAR_IMPORT. This define is used in the Wireshark interface. 156 symbols are defined with this macro. When you miss to include that file you get a lot of compiler errors.

WS_VAR_IMPORT is necessary since the linkage differs when compiling libwireshark.dll to compiling a Wireshark plug-in. The latter case needs a

    __declspec(dllimport)

modifier. That's why you need this macro.

Helge