Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: [Wireshark-commits] rev 38172: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/:

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:01:11 +0200
On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 01:37:38PM +0200, Anders Broman wrote:
> I'd appreciate review and test of the code as I'm not familiar with the
> drawing primitives. On Widows
> I had problems replacing  gdk_draw_layout() gdk_draw_layout()
> pango_cairo_create_layout () and pango_cairo_show_layout () (undefined
> symbols).
> Perhaps GTK 2.24 is needed?
>
> I also wonder if we should have generic graphing code used by IO-graph,
> TCP graph etc?

I don't know the code (what it does) but when looking at the patterns of
functions that get called this looks like a good idea.

> Log:
>  Use cairo for drawing to avoid deprecated functions.
>  I'm unsure if the #if GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2,22,0) guards are realy
>  needed but I don't have a GTK 2.12 system to verify with.

According to (gdk3/pango) documentation:

Function			Since

gdk_cairo_set_source_color	2.8
gdk_cairo_create		2.8

pango_cairo_create_layout	1.10
pango_cairo_show_layout		1.10

Both versions are "ancient".

Removing on a gtk2.12 system resulted in no problems, so I removed them
(revision 38177).

Ciao
   Joerg