Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] proto_help.c

From: Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:37:53 +0000 (UTC)
Joerg Mayer <jmayer@...> writes:

> Just a question regarding the download: The download will only provide the
> protocol_help/ph.ini file and to use it I need to be online? Or are the
> pages also available offline?

By default, inacon's protocol help is available at
http://www.inacon.de/ph/data/, since that's the location specified at the top of
the ph.ini file.  But if you want help available even if not connected online,
then all you need to do is download all their help to a local directory on your
PC and change the location reference in the ph.ini file.  I have done this
myself, and it works, at least with version 1.4.4.

I also renamed their generic ph.ini file to inacon.ini so I know which help file
is which since I have three:

protocol_help\
    myhelp.ini
    inacon.ini
    wireshark.ini

... where myhelp.ini is help for my company's proprietary protocols, inacon.ini
is the former ph.ini file, and wireshark.ini is essentially the help file I
submitted with bug 4870.