Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Presenting WireViz

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:31:27 +0200
Hi list,

As part of my GSoC project I'm writting WireViz plugin.

It's building graph (using Graphviz) based on the conversation list.
Some screenshots:
 http://darkjames.pl/tmp/wireviz-1.png
 http://darkjames.pl/tmp/wireviz-2.png
 http://darkjames.pl/tmp/wireviz-3.png

You can zoom in/out, move graph or create and apply filter by clicking on node/edge.

But I have some problems with overlapping nodes, has anyone build larger graphs with
Graphviz and can help me with proper settings?

I also have idea about changing nodes attributes (like color, or shape)
based on display filter. As you can see on screenshots it works.
The problem is with syntax :}

I was thinking to not use syntax at all and make it like in IO Graphs:
  [Filter 1]   [Shape v] [Color v]
  [Filter 2]   [Shape v] [Color v]
  [Filter 3]   [Shape v] [Color v]
  [Filter 4]   [Shape v] [Color v]
  [Filter 5]   [Shape v] [Color v]

But there's lot of other possible attributes in graphviz [1], and
I don't like limiting only to 5 entries.

[1] http://www.graphviz.org/doc/info/attrs.html

Cheers,
 Jakub