Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 37913: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: main

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:09:17 +0200
On Jul 12, 2011, at 5:44 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 11:30:21PM +0200, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM,  <tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Log:
>>>  Add support for multiple interface to the main welcome screen.
>>
>> Some initial comments:   :)
>> - The description is missing from the interfaces
>> - The icon is missing from the interfaces
>> - The welcome screen does not select the last used interfaces, like it
>> is done in the interface list.
>
> Having not kept up with the mailing list for a few weeks, I was puzzled
> as to why the interface list looked different.  I didn't read the
> "choose one or more interfaces to capture from..." text since I assumed
> it was the same text as was there before.  Perhaps check boxes next to
> the interfaces would make it more apparent what can be done?
We thought about this (I think we actually has an implementation of it)
and decided that the current way would be more appropriate (similar
to what it was). The point is that you have to realize that
* you can select multiple interfaces
* you need to click on the Start button

I'm actually open to change it to whatever makes sense most. I'm not
sure how to make a decision... The real fun will be the capture/options
dialog...

However, we still need to synchronize the ways of selecting the interfaces
and starting the capture. From the main welcome window, the capture/interfaces
dialog, the start menu item and (eventually) the capture/options dialog box.

Best regards
Michael