Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 37859: /trunk/ /trunk/gtk/: color_dl

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 09:13:03 +0200
On 4 jul 2011, at 21:09, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Where do you need that info, in the frame section of the packet details we list the following:
>>
>> Coloring Rule Name: ___tmp_color_filter___01
>
> If a user wants to know which coloring rule is used for a selected
> package, the "Coloring Rule Name" is the one to look at.
> I think that "tmp_color_filter" don't tell the user which coloring
> rule is used (the user may not know that "tmp" is used for
> conversation or filter coloring rules), or which function that created
> this rule.  That's why I want a more descriptive name here :)

As these color filters are only active during one Wireshark session, I would have assumed a user would know he created a colorfilter from a conversation or field and that the filterstring right under the filter name would be descriptive enough. But maybe that's just me...

If you really look for a new name, how about "___session_color_filter___XX"?

Cheers,

Sake