Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Getting data extracted by my dissector into another

From: "Colin Helliwell" <colin.helliwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:35:45 +0100

I’ve developed a number of dissectors which dissect payload from those below and decode their own protocol. Now I want to pass my payload ‘ownward’ to another (the JSON dissector). I’d appreciate any tips on how to initialise/register my protocol such that the JSON dissector sees it and/or how to pass the payload on to it. A summary of the calls used would probably do – enough to get me going in the right direction.

Thanks.