Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Windows GTK Broken / Linux OK

From: Alex Lindberg <alindber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:18:45 -0700 (PDT)
My custom build of Wireshark includes a the ability to read a new file type.  When the system is build on a Linux (Debian) system, all works as it should, however when building on a Windows PC (XP x32) using either vc2008EE-sp1 or vc2010EE, the system complies and starts, but the "Open" dialog won't.  A brief flash occurs, but nothing opens.  Other menu items (preferences, etc) seem to work OK.

My version is base on WS 1.6.0.

I have verified that the vredist_x86 file used is build for the EE tool set used.

2008ee == 21022
2008eeSP1 == 30729
2010ee == 30319

This also fails when run from wireshark-gtk directory.

I am not a windows developer and have followed the build guild very closely.  I have built custom versions in the past based on 1.4.x and prior, and have not had this issue, but they did not include the support of the new file type.

Thanks as always for your help.
Alex Lindberg