Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tvb_get_unicode_string()

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:10:34 -0700
On Jun 29, 2011, at 10:16 AM, sean bzd wrote:

> I'm trying to use tvb_get_unicode_string() but i'm getting a link error "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tvb_get_unicode_string referenced in function". Looks to me this is a relatively new function that was added to wireshark. Can someone tell me what library I need to use/include to get this working.

You need a version of libwireshark that has a correct libwireshark.def.

> I don't see this function listed in libwireshark.def

...which is the problem.

> but the documentation on this function exists.

I've checked in a change on the trunk fix the bug; I'll schedule it for the upcoming maintenance releases.  You'd need to rebuild Wireshark yourself, either by fixing libwireshark.def yourself to include tvb_get_unicode_string or by building from the trunk, SVN version 37845 or later.