Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 37802: /trunk/ /trunk/: capture.c du

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:28:24 -0700
On Jun 27, 2011, at 4:30 AM, tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=37802
>
> User: tuexen
> Date: 2011/06/27 04:30 AM
>
> Log:
> Improve the report of illegal capture filters. Also show the interface description.

That fixed

	$ ./tshark -i en1 -f fribbbbbit
	Capturing on en1
	tshark: Invalid capture filter "fribbbbbit" for interface en1!

but

	$ ./tshark -i en1 fribbbbbit
	Capturing on en1
	tshark: Invalid capture filter "(null)" for interface en1!

is still broken.

(And, yes, that syntax *is* supposed to work:

$ nroff -man doc/tshark.1 | more

SYNOPSIS
       tshark [ −a <capture autostop condition> ] ...
       [ −b <capture ring buffer option>] ...  [ −B <capture buffer size> ]

       [ −X <eXtension option>] [ −y <capture link type> ] [ −z <statistics> ]
       [ <capture filter> ]

as it works in tcpdump and snoop.)