Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to build on MACOS (with revised instructions)

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 00:32:20 +0200
On Jun 26, 2011, at 10:41 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2011, at 1:34 PM, Michael Tüxen wrote:
>
>> Isn't the first step to run
>> ./autogen.sh
>> ./configure
>> before you can use make? These steps require the libraries to be there...
>
> ...unless you're just building from a source tarball, but, as we supply binaries for OS X, there's probably not much point in building from a source tarball.
So you want to provide binaries for the libs and the include files and the
other files needed? Where do you want to install them? System wide?
We have to make sure that this does not conflict with the usage of some
package managers running on the system...

I'm actually not using a script, since I need sudo for installation and don't
want to compile everything with sudo. Another reason is that I update the
stuff from time to time to latest versions. Please note that for compiling
you need to put the change of PKG_CONFIG_PATH in ~/.tcshrc or whatever
is appropriate, since it must be set when you compile wireshark.

Best regards
Michael