Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Lua Developer Console

From: Drazen Popovic <bladyjoker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 01:34:46 +0200
Hi,
I'm a long time Wireshark user and striving to get into dissector implementation and perhaps core development.
For the last few months I've been thinking of an idea for a certain WShark feature that I thought it would be
awsome to have...Lua Developer Console.
Later on I found out that you already are working on adding such a feature so I was hoping if you can direct
me to a feature proposal and discussion.

I'm extremely curious of the design and architecture for such a project as I wish to join in.

In my case I was thinking on the line of _javascript_ web development consoles that browsers provide...that's how the
idea hit me in the first place. A practical way of processing captured data directly in Wireshark.

I suppose the amount of work for such an idea to be implemented is a lot..

Regards,
Dražen Popović.